Reliability Project Overview
The PSE&G Energy Strong Program will strengthen New Jersey’s electric and gas systems in an effort to proactively protect its infrastructure against severe weather damage like the state experienced during Hurricane Irene and Superstorm Sandy. As part of the program, PSE&G will protect, raise or relocate 29 switching and substations throughout New Jersey that were damaged by water either due to excessive rainfall or a storm surge.
- As part of the Energy Strong Program, PSE&G will decommission its River Edge Substation.
- In November 2014 all customers serviced by PSE&G's River Edge Substation were transferred to two area PSE&G substations
- Deconstruction of the River Edge Substation will begin in the 1st Quarter of 2015.
- All major equipment will be removed beginning on or about February 24, 2015.
- Underground cable removal will begin in March 2015.
- Equipment foundations removal will begin in March 2015.
- The project is estimated to be completed by the 3rd Quarter of 2015.
- PSE&G expects no impact or inconvenience to the Steuben House and Historic New Bridge Landing, sites landmarked and managed by the Bergen County Historical Society.
- PSE&G will work with the Borough of River Edge Police to keep traffic impacts to a minimum.