Reliability Project Overview
The Bergen-Linden Corridor Upgrade Project (BLC) will build a 345kV transmission system through Bergen, Hudson, Essex and Union counties in New Jersey to comply with requirements set by the PJM Interconnection, the regional transmission organization (RTO). The project is designed to replace the existing 138kV transmission system from Bergen to Linden with a double circuit 345kV transmission system. The project will be separated into three phases and will require overhead transmission modifications almost entirely within existing PSE&G right of ways, as well as underground cable replacements and new 345kV cable routes. There will be major upgrades to 9 existing stations, and the construction of a new switching station at Newark Liberty International Airport.
- As part of Phase 3 of the project:
- Station upgrades will take place almost entirely inside the station fence line on PSE&G property at Bayonne Switching Station.
- New 345kV underground circuits will be added through Bayonne connecting upgraded PSE&G stations in Bayonne, Elizabeth and Jersey City.
- Major construction activity for the Phase 3 transmission lines is expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Phase 3 is scheduled to be in-service by June 2018