Reliability Project Overview
PSE&G is currently conducting statewide electric reliability improvements to its utility infrastructure. These enhancements will improve both electric service reliability and system redundancy to ensure safe and reliable service to our customers. Throughout the state of New Jersey, PSE&G infrastructure upgrades will reduce the demand on the existing 26kV network. The projects will install 69kV transmission circuits connecting PSE&G stations around the state.
- New 69kV circuits will connect PSE&G's 40th Street and East Rutherford stations.
- The route runs along an existing pole line on Lexington Avenue to Jackson Street to Hope Avenue. It will continue on Jefferson Street to Mercer Street to 3rd Street.
- The route runs underground along Hope Avenue and along 3rd Street to Passaic Street to Wall Street.
- The existing utility poles will be replaced with taller, sturdier poles that combine new 69kV circuits with existing 26kV, 13kV, or 4kV circuits.
- Vegetation Management activity such as tree trimming or tree removals may occur in order to allow for the safe installation of new equipment.
- PSE&G will work with the City of Passaic Police to keep traffic impacts to a minimum.
This route will be approximately 13 miles along the existing public right of ways in the towns of Fair Lawn, Paterson, Clifton, Passaic, Garfield, Wallington and East Rutherford.