Reliability Project Overview
PSE&G is currently conducting statewide electric reliability improvements to its utility infrastructure. These enhancements will improve both electric service reliability and system redundancy to ensure safe and reliable service to our customers. Throughout the state of New Jersey, PSE&G infrastructure upgrades will reduce the demand on the existing 26kV network. The projects will install 69kV transmission circuits connecting PSE&G stations around the state.
- New 69kV circuits will connect to the Paramus Substation to the Hillsdale Substation.
- The existing utility poles will be replaced with taller, sturdier poles that combine new 69kV circuits with existing 26kV, 13kV, or 4kV circuits.
- Vegetation Management activity such as tree trimming or tree removals may occur in order to allow for the safe installation of new equipment.
- Pole line reconstruction commenced in the 4th Quarter of 2019.
- The project is estimated to be completed by the 3rd Quarter of 2021.
- PSE&G will work with the Paramus Police Dept. to keep traffic impacts to a minimum.