Reliability Project Overview
PSE&G is currently conducting statewide electric reliability improvements to its utility infrastructure. These enhancements will improve both electric service reliability and system redundancy to ensure safe and reliable service to our customers. Throughout the state of New Jersey, PSE&G infrastructure upgrades will reduce the demand on the existing 26kV network. The projects will install 69kV transmission circuits connecting PSE&G stations around the state.
- New 69kV circuits will connect the North Brunswick Switching Station and Bennetts Lane Substation
- The overhead route runs along an existing pole line on Route 130 to South Brunswick.
- The underground route will be installed along Hamlin Place and Van Buren Drive.
- The existing utility poles will be replaced with taller, sturdier poles that combine new 69kV circuits with existing 26kV, 13kV, or 4kV circuits.
- Vegetation Management activity such as tree trimming or tree removals will occur in order to allow for safe installation of new equipment.
- PSE&G will work with the North Brunswick Township Police to keep traffic impacts to a minimum.
The entire project route will be approximately 10 miles along the existing public right of ways in the towns South Brunswick, North Brunswick, and Franklin Township.