Reliability Project Overview
PSE&G is currently conducting statewide electric reliability improvements to its utility infrastructure. These enhancements will improve both electric service reliability and system redundancy to ensure safe and reliable service to our customers. Throughout the state of New Jersey, PSE&G infrastructure upgrades will reduce the demand on the existing 26kV network. The projects will install 69kV transmission circuits connecting PSE&G stations around the state.
- New 69kV Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) will be installed at our Lumberton station.
- New 69kV circuits will connect the Mt. Holly and Lumberton stations.
- The route runs an existing pole line on Madison St to Main St to Medford Lumberton Rd.
- The route runs underground into the Lumberton station.
- The existing utility poles will be replaced with taller, sturdier poles that combine new 69kV circuits with existing 26kV, 13kV, or 4kV circuits.
- Vegetation Management activity such as tree trimming or tree removals may occur in order to allow for the safe installation of new equipment.
- PSE&G will work with the Township of Lumberton Police to keep traffic impacts to a minimum.
This route will be approximately 12 miles along the existing public right of ways in the towns of Burlington City, Burlington Township, Westampton, Mount Holly, and Lumberton.