Reliability Project Overview
PSE&G is currently conducting statewide electric reliability improvements to its utility infrastructure. These enhancements will improve both electric service reliability and system redundancy to ensure safe and reliable service to our customers. Throughout the state of New Jersey, PSE&G infrastructure upgrades will reduce the demand on the existing 26kV network. The projects will install 69kV transmission circuits connecting PSE&G stations around the state.
- New 69kV circuits will connect the Bergen Switching Station, in Ridgefield, to the Tonnelle Avenue station in North Bergen.
- The route runs along an existing pole line on Broad Avenue and continues onto Tonnelle Avenue in North Bergen. .
- Pole line reconstruction in Fairview is expected to begin in the 2nd Quarter of 2016.
- Vegetation Management activity such as tree trimming or tree removals may occur in order to allow for the safe installation of new equipment.
- The project is estimated to be completed in the 4th Quarter of 2016.
- PSE&G will work with the Borough of Fairview Police Department to keep traffic impacts to a minimum.
This route will be approximately 6 miles along the existing public right of ways in the towns of Ridgefield, Fairview and North Bergen.