jacksoReliability Project Overview
PSE&G is currently conducting statewide electric reliability improvements to its utility infrastructure. These enhancements will improve both electric service reliability and system redundancy to ensure safe and reliable service to our customers. Throughout the state of New Jersey, PSE&G infrastructure upgrades will reduce the demand on the existing 26kV network. The projects will install 69kV transmission circuits connecting PSE&G stations around the state.
- New 69kV circuits will connect local substations to enhance the reliability of electric service for PSE&G customers
- The existing utility poles will be replaced with taller, sturdier poles that combine new 69kV circuits with existing 26kV, 13kV, or 4kV circuits on the following streets:
- Madison Avenue
- Mountainview Terrace
- Washington Avenue
- Dunellen Avenue
- First Street
- Jackson Avenue
- Vegetation Management activity such as tree trimming or tree removals may occur in order to allow for the safe installation of new equipment.
- Tree trimming activity is expected to begin on or around April 10, 2017
- Pole line upgrades are expected to begin Q3 2017
- The project is estimated to be completed by the 4th Quarter of 2017
- PSE&G will work with the Borough of Dunellen Police to keep traffic impacts to a minimum and ensure the safety of the public