Reliability Project Overview
PSE&G is currently conducting statewide electric reliability improvements to its utility infrastructure. These enhancements will improve both electric service reliability and system redundancy to ensure safe and reliable service to our customers. Throughout the state of New Jersey, PSE&G infrastructure upgrades will reduce the demand on the existing 26kV network. The projects will install 69kV transmission circuits connecting PSE&G stations around the state.
- New 69kV Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS), which allows for the addition of increased voltage capacity with minimal impact to the existing station footprint, will be installed at our Dumont station.
- Station construction is expected to commence in the 2nd Quarter of 2014.
- New 69kV circuits will connect the Paramus and Dumont stations.
- The route runs along an existing pole line on West Madison Avenue to Johnson Avenue to Roosevelt Avenue.
- New 69KV circuits will connect the Dumont and Bergenfield stations.
- The route runs along an existing pole line on the railroad right-of-way (along West Shore Avenue and Cortland Avenue) to Columbia Avenue to Dick Street.
- New 26kV circuits will also be added to supply additional capacity to a nearby industrial resident.
- The route runs along an existing pole line on West Madison Avenue to Prospect Street to New Milford Avenue to Bedford Road.
- The existing utility poles will be replaced with taller, sturdier poles that combine new 69kV circuits with existing 26kV, 13kV, or 4kV circuits.
- Vegetation Management activity such as tree trimming or tree removals may occur in order to allow for the safe installation of new equipment.
- Pole line reconstruction commenced in the 2nd Quarter of 2014.
- The project is estimated to be completed by the 4th Quarter of 2015.
- PSE&G will work with the Borough of Dumont Police to keep traffic impacts to a minimum.
This route will be approximately 12 miles along the existing public right of ways in the towns of Fair Lawn, Glen Rock, Ridgewood, Paramus, Oradell, New Milford, Dumont and Bergenfield.