Like our highway system, the infrastructure to move vast amounts of electricity is essential to New Jersey’s economic well-being and quality of life. While this infrastructure has served its purpose, a significant part of it needs to be replaced and upgraded to support the flow of power throughout New Jersey and maintain safe, reliable service for customers long into the future.
Electricity usage per person has more than doubled since the 1970s. Upgrading the grid to handle the evolving demand for power is a necessity, especially in a densely populated, high-tech state as New Jersey.
PSE&G is investing in electric transmission reinforcement and upgrades to:
- help maintain safe, highly reliability electric service
- meet current and future electricity demands by New Jersey businesses and residents
- provide better power quality
- reduce transmission system congestion in the region
- allow power to move more efficiently across the state
- ensure the availability of the lowest cost energy obtainable on the market